Table of Contents
- What is LYFT?
- How to sign up
- Lyft credit card
- Driver centre
What Is Lyft?
After Uber, the second alternative to traditional taxis is Lyft. The only difference is that while Uber operates in many countries, over 60, Lyft is available only in Canada and the United States. Nevertheless, this does not mean Lyft is not good paying. It is, and that is why it is considered one of the ways one can use the internet to earn money. The ridesharing company operates in 644 cities in the US and 12 cities in Canada, something that can actually be a good thing for you. Look at the benefits of Lyft and see you can actually make it your source of income;
- Allows you to make extra money or use it as a full job. Lyft earnings are pretty decent with drivers earning $1000 per week or more. These are reliable earnings which the Lyft app features helps you to earn. You can cash out your funds instantly whenever you want to.
- Lyft has flexible working hours as drivers can choose when to work, how many hours to work and can even take breaks whenever they want. For those who want freedom when working, then Lyft is definitely their thing.
- Lyft allows drivers to drive almost all types of vehicles. You can even provide rides with your scooter and earn too.
- Lyft offer excellent customer service to drivers with most of the time being prompt responses
- Lyft provides you as their driver with a 1 million USD commercial liability policy even though Lyft drivers are classified as independent contractors. There are additional covers that allow Lyft drivers to work better with less worry about risks.
- Extra earnings offered by Lyft through bonus by operating in certain areas as well as tips from passengers.
- Lyft’s flexibility allows drivers to earn even without being owners of cars and also connect drivers with their Express Drive partners. You get a fully maintained and insured vehicle to earn with without all the hassles related to maintaining a vehicle yourself.
- You must be at least 21 years, and in possession of a have held a driver’s license for more than one year to drive for Lyft.
- You are also required to have a smartphone
- No drugs and drinking when working since Lyft have a zero-tolerance and alcohol policy.
- You must also pass the Department Of Motor Vehicles online test and also;
- Undergo background checks with the same Department Of Motor Vehicles and the Sex Offenders Registries in the United States as well as personnel-type criminal background checks.
How To Sign Up
To apply online;
- Visit lyft.com and click on the “Apply to drive” and the screen will scroll down to the section you will be required to enter your mobile phone number, agree to Lyft’s Term of Service and click apply to drive. Alternatively, you can scroll down to the categories on the bottom of Lyft.com homepage
- Click on “Become a driver”, and you’ll be taken to a page as similar as above
- Once you have agreed on the company’s terms of service and clicked on “Apply To Drive” you are taken to another page that requires additional details
- Enter information about your vehicle
- Include your driver’s license details
- Agree to a background check by the company
- Take your vehicle for the Lyft vehicle inspection
- Once done, check later on your application status
Features Of Lyft You Can Utilise As Their Driver
- Lyft offers five types of rides within their application. These are;
- Just Lyft which is the basic and the most popular Lyft option for matching drivers with riders
- Shared-ride for matching passages with other riders going the same direction (It is not available in all cities though)
- Lyft XL for matching riders with a vehicle that seats at least six passengers
- Lux for matching riders with a luxury vehicle that seats at least four passengers
- Lux Black for matching riders with a luxury vehicle with a black exterior that seats at least four passengers
- Lux Black XL for matching riders with a luxury black exterior car that sits up to six (You should be a highly rated driver to offer this type of rides)
With all the above options, you have a better chance of using your car regardless of the type and still earn depending on the categories above.
Lyft Direct Debit Card
Lyft offers a new secure, online bank account and debit card that comes with a number of advantages when buying things like gas and groceries which offers 2% back on gas, 1% back on groceries and 4% back on select dining places.
The no-fee bank account allows you to access more than 20,000 fee-free ATMs. You also get unlimited fee-free payouts.
Lyft is in the process of building out in convenient places brand new Lyft Driver Centers that will offer drivers affordable auto maintenance.
Besides the Driver Centres, Lyft also plans to roll out the mobile service vans plan to increase convenience when it comes to car repairs. You could go back to your job in no time with such a plan in place.
The company has also added new professionals in their Driver Advisory Council so that they can respond to more drivers and serve them better. Lyft has also been expanding the Express Drive to ensure more drivers in need of cars to work with get one efficiently.
While Lyft is not as successful or popular as Uber, it offers a driver in the said location an opportunity to earn decent money. On top of that, the company has extras and offers that make the whole giving rides experience better. As with all jobs that involve the society, Lyft drivers experience a couple of challenges which emanate from the passengers they give a ride. Nevertheless, such challenges should not deter you from earning with Lyft. You can always figure out how to deal with any stubborn passengers. Besides, not every ride is bad since most are requested by people who actually want to move from one point to the other in the easiest way possible.