Table Of Contents
What Is People Per Hour?
People per hour are an online platform where companies and entrepreneurs can hire freelancers to complete tasks for them. It has been around since 2007, meaning that it is an established trustworthy. They are one of the largest UK based freelance platforms. If you are in the UK and want to become a freelancer, they may be your best bet.
Advantages of People per hour
Freelancing through People per hour offers a whole host of advantages. These include:
- Being able to create a portfolio of your past work. In addition to getting positive reviews from previous clients and completing jobs, you can also directly display past projects that you’ve worked on in the past. Through this system, you can show potential clients what you can achieve. It is a fantastic way to prove yourself as capable, even if you only have a few jobs under your belt.
- Clients will often post several jobs at a time on People per hour. The platform offers clients 15 free listings every month, so they are encouraged to continuously post their jobs on People per hour. Since a company will post multiple jobs, you can take advantage of that and perform several jobs for one company in order to develop a rapport with them. By doing this you can establish a consistent client and maintain a supply of work.
- The platform is extremely flexible. Hundreds of thousands of companies are posting millions of jobs on the site constantly. Almost everything you can imagine gets posted, jobs in marketing, advertising, coding, social media management etc. Any area that you want to specialise in is available.
Requirements to sign up
- Valid email address.
- Skills and proof of your skills.
How to sign up for People per hour
- 1. The first you need to do is head over to the home page in order to reach the signup page. Click the orange button on the top right that says “FREELANCER”?
2. Once you click on that button you will be sent to the account creation screen. You will need to fill in some of your information including your name, email address, and location. Additionally, you will need to Create a password for the account, choose your account type, click the captcha and agree to the terms and conditions.
3. Once you’ve hit signup an email will then be sent to the email address that you added during your signup. Find the email that was sent and click on the complete application link to verify your account.
4. Now that you have verified your account you need to fill in an application to send off. This application consists of 5 sections.
5. The first section to fill in is information about you. This includes your job title, phone number, your rate of pay, images of you for your account profile, fill in the about you section (write as much as you want) and your portfolio. You might not have anything to add to your portfolio at the start but don’t worry about it, just add them later.
6. The second section is your skills. This includes your skills and expertise, language skills, industry expertise and proof of your skills, such as a CV.
7. Third section is your references.
8. The fourth section is for your on-site preferences. It includes how far are you willing to travel as well as what you want notifications for.
9. Finally, you are asked simply to write about yourself and why you are a good freelancer.
10. Once all of this is filled in simply submit your application and wait for a response.