Table of Contents
Turo is a peer-to-peer carsharing marketplace that connects private car owners and people who require vehicles all via an easy web and mobile interface, similar to Airbnb in its purpose. Create a free listing with a few clicks. Describe your car, upload some clean photos, and you’re ready to go.
You can earn anywhere from 65% – 85% of the trip price depending on the vehicle protection package you choose and 90% of the trip price if you have your own commercial rental insurance and waive the protection Turo provides.
- No extra costs such as overheads or items – if you have a vehicle, maintenance is all that is required.
- Easy signup (to be described further).
- No skills/experience, just the vehicle itself!
- Vehicle insured by Allianz for up to £20 million by default. Rearrangeable if desired, for a bigger piece of the pie.
- Safety – whilst there are some potential dangers to the service, the company provides a great amount of coverage and support to help you avoid any trouble. More information can be found here.
- A vehicle (that is functioning properly!)
- Email, password, and name for an account
- Vehicle details, to ensure eligibility and register officially
- Up-to-date calendar, so that all travellers know when your car is available
- Prompt responses to requests
How To Sign Up
1. Sign up on the home page – here, you will need to enter names, email and create a password (signing in with Facebook and Google uses the same process for this stage of signing up).
2. Vehicle details entry – this will take about 10 minutes, and your licence plate number and photos of your vehicle will be needed, to ensure its eligibility and make your registration official.
3. And let’s not forget:
- YOU decide the rental fee
- YOU decide where to meet the driver – each customer can be met at your home
- Listing your vehicle on Turo is FREE – so, with no costs and only small commissions subtracted, all the revenue is yours!