Taking online surveys is an extremely popular way to start earning money from home. This method has become extremely popular and has been for over 20 years, even before digital. Get started with your new sideline business.
How To Create An Online Store
Table of Contents
- Different types of online stores
- List of website platforms
- Benefits of an online store
- Where to create an online store
Different Types Of Online Stores
List of Website Platforms
Benefits Of An Online Store
There are many benefits of having an online store whether you are selling products or services.
- Cost: although setting up a website may cost money it is less expensive than setting up a physical store.
- Marketing: online marketing is much easier to target potential buyers and can target people from all over the world so there is a much bigger market.
- Quick and easy: it is much easier to send promotions and offers online via email marketing than it is to post catalogues and offers to peoples houses, it is also much cheaper.
- No location barrier: by making a store online you can make a local business become national or international which increases potential buyers.
- No closing times: people can visit your store online 24/7 so sales can be made at any time, even whilst you are sleeping which is much more cost-effective than a physical store which can only make sales during the working day.
- Flexibility: an online store is flexible as changes can be made to the store at any time and new offers can be added free of charge.
- Data: allows you to look at data to target certain groups of people and make any improvements to the website, for example, if many people exit the site on the same page you can seek to improve that certain page.
- Accessibility: making a store online makes it easier to access many people and potential buyers. Promotion and search engine optimisation can make your site more visible to many users.
- Information: your online store can have lots of information on the website that users would otherwise not be able to find or read. It can also have many reviews, unlike a physical store which could further encourage buyers to buy from your store.
- Work from home: an online store means you can work from anywhere you want and however many hours you want as long as you have access to the internet.
Where To Create An Online Store
To create an online store you must do it through a CMS. There are 5 great e-commerce platforms that you can create your store on but some are only for e-commerce, brochure or portfolio whilst others are for all online store types. Here are the main CMS sites:
Shopify is a CMS that allows people to build e-commerce sites. How to create a Shopify store (step by step guide).
Benefits of Shopify
It is an easy to use the site so the process of setting up your online store will be quick and stress-free.
It contains many useful apps that you can download to create good quality products and add extra features to your store.
- It offers the software needed for launching the website.
- It creates visually appealing online stores.
- Shopify is a very secure site which is essential for online stores withholding personal and financial information.
- Shopify has software which enables loading at the optimum speed to make processes much faster on your store.
- Shopify has marketing tools like offers, discount coupons, and vouchers.
- There are free mobile apps for Shopify as the mobile shopping industry is increasing.
- It provides customer support 24/7 so you have less trouble running your store.
WordPress is a CMS that allows people to build all types of site. How to create a website with WordPress (step by step guide).
Benefits of WordPress
- WordPress is easy to use, it does not use any codes which makes it a good choice for inexperienced people.
- WordPress has thousands of plugins which allow you to make changes and add extra features with the click of a button.
- You can easily add fields using the plugins which allow your website to have additional pages, categories, and extras.
- There are many different themes for a wider range of website designs.
- Sites made on WordPress rank high due to their SEO tools from plugins and for their keywords.
- WordPress has a built-in blog to make it easier for users to add content.
Wix is a website builder software which enables you to create a website more easily and without any coding, all you need is an internet connection.
Benefits of Wix
- It is free so with Wix you receive a domain, ads, hosting and 500MB storage all for free to get your site started.
- You can also upgrade to a premium plan with more storage and features when your business starts to grow larger.
- Wix has a great online store platform with custom checkout pages, payment support, tax handling, and shipping agreements and many more so you don’t have to worry about putting all of these features into place.
- Wix has many features to help you create a very aesthetically pleasing online store.
- There are over 500 design templates for your website to match any type of online store selling various products.
- You can custom design by adding your own brand logo and brand designs.
- You can design the website for mobiles and other gadgets such as iPads using Wix.
Weebly is a site which enables people to build simple websites and online stores with less technical features for free.
Benefits of using Weebly
- Weebly is one of the most simple CMS sites to use making it perfect for beginners or people who have no technical knowledge.
- It allows you to build a high-quality website with many useful features for free and without having any ads put on to your site.
- Weebly has over 200 templates to suit your site whether your selling products or services on your online store.
- The templates also help make your site look more attractive and more professional
Weebly has mobile apps so you can make changes to your site on your phone and on the go.
- Weebly has over 5 premium plans which allow you to upgrade your plan once your site grows and you need more storage and features.
Magento is a CMS which allows you to build a high quality online e-commerce store.
Benefits of using Magento
- It is a platform with many features to make an online store with free open-source software or a paid plan.
- It is a very flexible CMS so it can be used for many types of online stores selling millions of products or under 100 products.
- It can adapt to the needs of each user as it is a well-architected platform
It is completely free without any license costs.
- It has many quality features such as wishlists, basket pages, direct payment and many more to help you professionally build your store.
- Magento creates you a site that can be visited and accessed easily on mobiles which are very useful as more and more people use their mobiles every day.
- It has many available different extensions to cater for all sites, the extensions are also free or very cheap.
- Magento has advanced SEO to help your products rank high on google which will help increase visitors to your site and sales.
Drupal has great performance and ensures your online store will have optimum security.
Benefits of using Drupal
- Everything on Drupal is free which allows you to build a site using their software for free.
- It provides many different features like designs and layouts to customise your online store to meet the needs of different online stores.
- Drupal allows you to not only deploy your online site quickly but it also allows you to make further changes once your site has been deployed which allows you to make changes to your online store upon seeing its strong and weak points.
- It allows you to make SEO friendly sites to help your products rank high in order to increase site visitors and sales.
- Drupal creates websites that are accessible through mobile phones for the growing trend of mobile phones.
It also has API support which allows users to create their own custom modules using API.