Table of Contents
How To Sign Up To Fiverr
To use Fiverr you will first need to create your own account, you can do this by following these 6 simple steps
- Go on to the Fiverr website and click ‘become a seller’
- You will be taken to the benefits of selling on Fiverr page, again click ‘become a seller’
- Fiverr enables you to join by email, facebook or google connect. To join by email enter your email address and click continue.
- Choose a username and password and you are now signed up to Fiverr
- You cannot use your account until you have activated it, an activation email will be sent to your email with a link you can click to activate your account.
- Once you have activated your account you can start selling!
How To Start Selling On Fiverr
Fiverr is a widely used site which enables people to sell digital services like content writing or translating online.
Completing Your Seller Profile
You need to complete your account by filling in your personal details and details about the services you want to provide. Completing your seller profile should be done properly as this is what people will view to buy your services.
Creating Your Gig
On Fiverr, a gig is a service you sell so when you create your gig you are creating and presenting the service you want to sell. You should create your gig to the best of quality because it shows off your talents and skills and may encourage buyers to choose to buy your services.
- Job title: you should make your job title short and clear to catch people’s eye, this is what service you will provide eg. Spokesperson
- Tags: tags allow you to add related tags and keywords to your gig to make it easier for buyers to find your gig
- Video: adding a video to your gig adds a personal touch and makes your gig look more professional, encouraging people to buy your services. Make sure your video is not too long (75 seconds maximum); is of good sound and picture quality.
- Offering packages: creating package offers gives buyers more choice and means they are more likely to spend over $5 which is the minimum.
- Upselling: this maximises your revenue by adding extras such as high resolution for a raised price, buyers have the option to add as many extras as they wish. You can set different prices for each extra and these changes can be made and edited at any time in your gig. For a more professional approach, you can make your own custom extra which can be specific to your service/gig, this will help make your profile/gig catch the eye of buyers and stand out amongst the competition
- Custom offers: by sending a custom offer when a buyer shows interest you can encourage them to buy your services as an offer. In the offer, you may include details so the buyer understands what they are buying, for example, the delivery time.