What is Affiliate Marketing?
Affiliate Marketing, in simple terms, is the commission earned from the promotion of another company’s product/service. The commission is earned from the subsequent purchase made after the promoted link has been clicked on/entered. Merchants (product/service sellers) and affiliates (promoters/site owners) can connect and increase income in an effective way.
A person/business can carry out affiliate marketing in several ways, including visibility on the website/blog, public advertising, and many others. If done successfully and at a good rate of commission, it can be a terrific, reliable, and continuous stream of income from home for the affiliate.
10 Best Affiliate Marketing Companies
A trusted online marketplace that sells almost anything from clothing to DVDs. Amazon is a fantastic place to begin your affiliate journey.
- More commission: All the products that are referred to as purchases, even the ones outside of your website, will bring you a commission.
- Very profitable: With its widely diverse store, Amazon is always likely to sell more products than simply the original clicked. Making it a potentially very lucrative affiliate marketing website to join.
- Well-known and trusted: Its reputation, popularity, and market dominance make Amazon Associates a terrific affiliate to get on board with.
- Free to join: No fee for beginning your work as an affiliate, just an Amazon account required to get started.
- Altering content: You must not add to, remove or edit in any way, any of the content or information provided to you for your website, e.g. alter names. The only exception to this rule is resizing images. However, dimensions must remain the same, and the image must not be cut or added to.
- Information removal: Once informed, you must promptly remove any information from your site that Amazon notifies you is no longer available for use or has been removed from the site.
With some of the world’s leading brands selling on eBay, and over 800 million products for sale, eBay is guaranteed some juicy commissions. eBay is widely known and is a very trusted platform. Users have been making money on eBay for years using affiliate links, so make sure you don’t miss out.
- Unrivaled diversity: With its user-based nature, and people selling almost any kind of product imaginable, not many other markets can compete.
- High commission rates: With rates in certain markets of up to 70%, affiliating successfully with eBay would be highly profitable.
- Show interest, following Terms & Conditions – whilst acceptance as an affiliate is not 100% guaranteed, eBay states that there is a very high likelihood if the person interested shows great interest and follows all T&Cs, encouraging such individuals to apply.
ShareASale has been in business now since 2000. It has a marketplace packed with merchants catering to a huge range of products and services. Including fashion giants Reebok and Claire’s and 1000s more, ShareASale is a perfect place to begin your affiliate adventure.
- Huge product selection: Whilst exploring the many merchant options, you will also see a wide variety of products and services to choose from for each company.
- Easy approval: Becoming an affiliate with ShareASale is much more straightforward than other affiliate marketing companies, making your whole process much easier.
- Support available to solve all types of issues or concerns.
- Signup process: The process to set up an affiliate account is simple. A five-step process that begins with a selection of a username and password.
Includes those who refer their entrepreneurial audience to Shopify. The niche program allows affiliates to monetize their audience and earn commissions from each new Shopify merchant referral.
- Worth referring people too: Shopify is the leader in its industry, making it an error not to use if you already work with them.
- Get priority access to Shopify Partner support at any time via email, phone, or live chat.
- Requires a particular audience: Shopify is quite a niche, so, for it to be relevant and for your venture to be useful, the audience needs to be using the site to sell their items.
Clickbank is a diverse marketplace filled with a wide choice of merchants to select from, based on what you believe would be best suited to your audience. The company recommends that you find and focus on a niche so that you can concentrate your efforts on one or a few areas that you are confident and knowledgeable in.
- Ease of navigation: The choice is especially varied, and the database is one of the most straightforward to navigate, making Clickbank the optimum option for many potential affiliates.
- High commission: Generally, the average commission received is extremely generous, sometimes up to 70%, so Clickbank can be a great opportunity to be a high earner.
- Free account: No need for a signup fee, simply create an account and entry is straightforward. Since Clickbank makes all revenue from the commission of its own, there are no charges for using the site.
A leading online store, Rakuten stocks virtually everything from electronics to clothing. Almost anything can be found in their store, so there is a big opportunity to be grasped in helping them sell their stock.
- Service: An experienced team of analysts at your service to provide integrated marketing insights. They also offer strategic recommendations to help grow your business.
- Trustworthy: Being one of the biggest and most successful companies in the world of its industry, and as a result having an impeccable reputation, means you can be sure of achieving great results along with a top-quality service as an affiliate with Rakuten.
- Applying: All you need to enter to send an online form is your email address, website URL, and a few personal details and, if your ideas and ambitions are promising, Rakuten is more than likely to accept.
Leadpages Affiliate Partner Program allows Leadpages members to market the company’s top lead generation tools, which have helped 40,000+ marketers generate greater leads and improve their businesses. Not only do affiliates receive high commission rates, of 30%, but also receive this rate on future business, making it a very attractive program to connect with.
- Extremely diversified: Offers many features such as Unlimited Pages, Domains & Traffic, 100% Mobile-Responsive Pages, and SEO Capability to make it an incredibly attractive partner to begin affiliate work with.
- It “sells itself”: With a suitable audience, Leadpages do such a terrific job with their product, you need only show those with websites that the tool exists to get sales on.
- Recurring 30% commission on ALL purchases made by the referral through your affiliate links.
- Few requirements: Any individual, with any level of expertise, is given quality and powerful engine with which to earn high levels of commission and learn along the way.
StudioPress affiliate program, managed by ShareASale, offers premium WordPress themes, and rewards you for directing new customers to the Genesis Framework, or the StudioPress theme collection.
- Generous commission rate: 35% rate really adds up once an audience becomes attracted.
- Must sign up to ShareASale: Since StudioPress’s program has been managed by ShareASale, you must have an account with the affiliate management network before starting with StudioPress. This does not affect any of the benefits gained from affiliating with this program.
Having been in business since 1998, worked with and won several awards from leading companies such as InterContinental Hotels Group and GoPro, and having a scrutinous application process to get through, you can rely on CJ to be experts at what they do.
- One of the industry’s largest: After running for more than two decades, worked with such big names, and achieved such success, it is difficult for any other program to compete with their size.
- Long application process: With ambitions to uphold their high reputation, CJ’s eagerness to remain amongst the elite sees them layout a tricky process to complete and pass in order to become an affiliate, but it’s worth it.
Selling its own services, Bluehost is one of the oldest and most reputable shared hosting companies on the internet and is most commonly used for web hosting and purchasing domain names for websites or blogs.
- High and Trustworthy Payout: $65 payout rate per purchase made by referral. A very reasonable income figure should you get the hang of Bluehost promoting.
- Straightforward: Easy and short signup process, with uncomplicated payout methods when any of Bluehost’s packages are sold from your referrals.
- Starting off: All that is needed for the quick signup process is PayPal account information and a few personal details.
Ultimately, there are many pros and cons to all affiliate marketing programs, and each has its own characteristics and features and, as such, you will need to do your own fair research to have the best idea of deciding who to trust when looking to make some extra money.